Need a lift? Call TRIPS Public Transportation. TRIPS provides low-cost rides for Sandusky County residents for shopping trips, doctors' appointments and anywhere they may need to go within the county. Vehicles are handicap accessible.
Schedule a ride at 419-332-8091
TRIPS Public Transportation On-Demand Service
TRIPS provides low-cost general public transportation for Sandusky County residents, offering curb-to-curb service available 5 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 5 a.m.-noon on Saturdays. TRIPS offers:
- One-way trip at rates of $2, $3, or $4 depending on the zone of travel
- Pre-paid transportation tickets (call for more information)
- Accessibility for riders with wheelchairs
- Free caregiver rides
- Special fare rates for seniors 60 and older
Rides must be scheduled 24 hours in advance at 419-332-8091. Wheelchair accessible vehicles based on availability. Other considerations for scheduling TRIPS rides include:
- The pick-up location for the beginning trip must be in Sandusky County.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Child safety seats to be provided and installed by a parent/guardian.
- Payment must be made in cash or check in the exact amount due and presented to driver at boarding.
- Click here for TRIPS' Notification of Public Rights.
NEW — Check Your Ride Status with Ecolane Mobile App
TRIPS On-Demand passengers now have the ability to view their ride status or cancel an existing ride by downloading the Ecolane Mobile App.
To sign up, call TRIPS dispatch at 419-332-8091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRIPS Fremont Shuttle
Let the TRIPS Fremont Shuttle take you where you need to go in town.
TRIPS Fremont Shuttle Map and Schedule
TRIPS Fremont Shuttle routes operate 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Shuttles travel in hourly loops throughout out the
city, and will intersect at Wal-Mart once per hour (at the :10 minute mark) so that passengers may transfer from one
route to another. Shuttle stop locations and times are as follows:
West Side Fremont Shuttle
|(:37)||Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services|
|(:43)||Community Health Services|
|(:48)||ProMedica Memorial Hospital|
East Side Fremont Shuttle
|(:00)||Sandusky County Senior Center/Board of Developmental Disabilities|
|(:02)||Department of Job
& Family Services
|(:36)||Commons at Little
|(:40)||Advance Auto Parts (east)|
For more information
Mobility Management helps coordinate community transportation needs, with a specific focus on assisting seniors, those with disabilities, and low-income riders.
Meals on Wheels
GLCAP Meals on Wheels offers weekday, home-delivered lunches for eligible Sandusky County seniors ages 60 and older.
Senior Center Services
GLCAP senior centers host daily lunches, education, socialization activities, medical assessments and other services for seniors ages 60 and over.