Need a lift? Call TRIPS Public Transportation. TRIPS provides low-cost rides for Sandusky County residents for shopping trips, doctors' appointments and anywhere they may need to go within the county. Vehicles are handicap accessible.
Update — TRIPS limiting rides to essential needs, suspending shuttle service April 6
TRIPS Public Transportation will suspend its Fremont Shuttle Service effective April 6, as the service has experienced very low ridership due to events surrounding the coronavirus.
Those who are current riders of the shuttle are encouraged to utilize TRIPS on-demand service, which will continue to operate as usual during the hours of 5 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 5 a.m.-noon on Saturdays. Rides must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance by calling 419-332-8091.
TRIPS on-demand service is offering rides at no cost for general public, in-county transportation, so drivers and riders may avoid the handling and passing of cash.
As a reminder, TRIPS rides are being limited to essential needs so as to assist with preventing and delaying the transmission of the coronavirus in Sandusky County. TRIPS will continue to provide rides for:
- Health and safety needs
- Necessary supplies and services
- Work deemed as essential by order of the Director of the Ohio Department of Health
- Care for others
TRIPS anticipates resuming the Fremont Shuttle Service once stay-at-home orders have been lifted by the Governor.
For more information, contact TRIPS at 419-332-8091.
TRIPS Public Transportation On-Demand Service
TRIPS provides low-cost general public transportation for Sandusky County residents, offering curb-to-curb service available 5 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 5 a.m.-noon on Saturdays. TRIPS offers:
- One-way trip at rates of $2, $3, or $4 depending on the zone of travel
- Pre-paid transportation tickets (call for more information)
- Accessibility for riders with wheelchairs
- Free caregiver rides
- Special fare rates for seniors 60 and older
Rides must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Wheelchair accessible vehicles based on availability. Other considerations for scheduling TRIPS rides include:
- The pick-up location for the beginning trip must be in Sandusky County.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Child safety seats to be provided and installed by a parent/guardian.
- Payment must be made in cash or check in the exact amount due and presented to driver at boarding.
- Click here for TRIPS' Notification of Public Rights.
Mobility Management helps coordinate community transportation needs, with a specific focus on assisting seniors, those with disabilities, and low-income riders.
Meals on Wheels
GLCAP Meals on Wheels offers weekday, home-delivered lunches for eligible Sandusky County seniors ages 60 and older.
Senior Center Services
GLCAP senior centers host daily lunches, education, socialization activities, medical assessments and other services for seniors ages 60 and over.