Need a lift? Call TRIPS Public Transportation. TRIPS provides low-cost rides for Sandusky County residents for shopping trips, doctors' appointments and anywhere they may need to go within the county. Vehicles are handicap accessible.
TRIPS provides low-cost general public transportation for Sandusky County residents, offering curb-to-curb service available 5 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 5 a.m.-noon on Saturdays. TRIPS offers:
- One-way trip at rates of $2, $3, or $4 depending on the zone of travel
- Pre-paid transportation tickets (call for more information)
- Accessibility for riders with wheelchairs
- Free caregiver rides
- Special fare rates for seniors 60 and older
Rides must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Wheelchair accessible vehicles based on availability. Other considerations for scheduling TRIPS rides include:
- The pick-up location for the beginning trip must be in Sandusky County.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Child safety seats to be provided and installed by a parent/guardian.
- Payment must be made in cash or check in the exact amount due and presented to driver at boarding.
- Click here for TRIPS' Notification of Public Rights.
Mobility Management helps coordinate community transportation needs, with a specific focus on assisting seniors, those with disabilities, and low-income riders.
Meals on Wheels
GLCAP Meals on Wheels offers weekday, home-delivered lunches for eligible Sandusky County seniors ages 60 and older.
Senior Center Services
GLCAP senior centers host daily lunches, education, socialization activities, medical assessments and other services for seniors ages 60 and over.