Need a lift? Call TRIPS Public Transportation. TRIPS provides low-cost rides for Sandusky County residents for shopping trips, doctors' appointments and anywhere they may need to go within the county. Vehicles are handicap accessible.
Update — TRIPS limiting rides to essential needs
Effective immediately, TRIPS Public Transportation is limiting rides to essential needs only for passengers via TRIPS’ on-demand and Fremont Shuttle services. Rides are being limited in order to assist with preventing and delaying transmission of the coronavirus in Sandusky County.
TRIPS will continue to provide rides for:
- Health and safety needs
- Necessary supplies and services
- Work deemed as essential by order of the Director of the Ohio Department of Health
- Care for others
Also, TRIPS will now offer rides at no cost for general public, in-county transportation via on-demand and shuttle services, so drivers and riders may avoid the handling and passing of cash.
Additionally, starting on March 26, hours for TRIPS Fremont Shuttle will be reduced to 10 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays. TRIPS’ on-demand service hours will remain as usual, 5 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 5 a.m.-noon on Saturdays.
These measures will be in place until further notice.
For more information, contact TRIPS at 419-332-8091.
TRIPS Fremont Shuttle — Added routes and stops starting March 2!
Starting March 2, TRIPS Fremont Shuttle will offer two shuttle routes that cover the east and west side of Fremont.
Let the TRIPS Fremont Shuttle take you where you need to go in town.
Shuttle Map and Schedule
TRIPS Fremont Shuttle routes operate 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Shuttles travel in hourly loops throughout out the city, and will intersect at Wal-Mart once per hour (at the :10 minute mark) so that passengers may transfer from one route to another. Shuttle stop locations and times are as follows:
West Side Fremont Shuttle (Green Line)
- (:00) Fort Stephenson
- (:10) Wal-Mart (transfer point)
- (:18) Ross Apartments
- (:22, :24) Casa Nueva (two stops)
- (:25) Kroger
- (:36) Terra State Community College
- (:43) Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services
- (:48) Community Health Services
- (:51) ProMedica Memorial Hospital
East Side Fremont Shuttle (Orange Line)
- (:00) Sandusky County Senior Center/
Board of Developmental Disabilities
- (:02) Department of Job and Family Services
- (:10) Wal-Mart (transfer point)
- (:20) Fort Stephenson
- (:22) Janel Terrace
- (:25) GLCAP
- (:32) Commons at Little Bark Creek
- (:35) Delaware Acres
- (:40) Liberty Center
- (:43) Big Lots
To ride the shuttle, passengers should be at the stop at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time of arrival. Signs will be posted at each location to indicate the pick-up/drop-off point.
The cost to ride is $1 per one-way ride on the loop; there will be no additional charge for those transferring from one route to another during their trip.
TRIPS Fremont Shuttle is defined as a “deviated-fixed route” service. This means that while the shuttle follows the route and makes all stops as scheduled, the shuttle is permitted to deviate from the route no more than ¼ mile to pick up or drop off passengers as time allows. These rides must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance by calling TRIPS at 419-332-8091.
TRIPS Public Transportation On-Demand Service
TRIPS provides low-cost general public transportation for Sandusky County residents, offering curb-to-curb service available 5 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 5 a.m.-noon on Saturdays. TRIPS offers:
- One-way trip at rates of $2, $3, or $4 depending on the zone of travel
- Pre-paid transportation tickets (call for more information)
- Accessibility for riders with wheelchairs
- Free caregiver rides
- Special fare rates for seniors 60 and older
Rides must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Wheelchair accessible vehicles based on availability. Other considerations for scheduling TRIPS rides include:
- The pick-up location for the beginning trip must be in Sandusky County.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Child safety seats to be provided and installed by a parent/guardian.
- Payment must be made in cash or check in the exact amount due and presented to driver at boarding.
- Click here for TRIPS' Notification of Public Rights.
Mobility Management helps coordinate community transportation needs, with a specific focus on assisting seniors, those with disabilities, and low-income riders.
Meals on Wheels
GLCAP Meals on Wheels offers weekday, home-delivered lunches for eligible Sandusky County seniors ages 60 and older.
Senior Center Services
GLCAP senior centers host daily lunches, education, socialization activities, medical assessments and other services for seniors ages 60 and over.