Skip to Content
American flag

Veteran Support

GLCAP provides support to veterans who are homeless or facing homelessness through housing assistance and other services.


Housing Support

If you are a veteran and are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, we can help. The GLCAP Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program provides housing assistance and other services for veterans. We can help cover rental arrearages, first-month rent, security deposits and other needs such as utility assistance, moving costs and budgeting.

Veteran housing assistance through GLCAP is available for residents of Erie, Hancock, Huron, Lorain, Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, Wood and Wyandot County.


Eligibility Guidelines

SSVF is available for veterans who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Income guidelines apply. Applicants must be at or below 50% of their county’s median income. Call for more information. 

For Assistance

All appointments are now being conducted via phone. For assistance, please call 419-333-4006.

Erie County, Huron,
& Lorain County

Huron County Veteran Service Office
185 Shady Lane Drive, Suite C
Norwalk, Ohio 44857


Hancock, Seneca,
Sandusky, & Wyandot County

GLCAP Headquarters
127 S. Front St.
Fremont, Ohio 43420


Ottawa, Wood,
& Lucas County

Toledo Office
1946 N. 13th St., Suite 348
Toledo, Ohio 43604


Contact Us

For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 1-800-775-9767 or 419-333-4006.


Contact Us
Housing Assistance in action

Housing Assistance

GLCAP offers assistance for those who need help with rent, are facing eviction or homelessness, or are currently homeless.

Utility Bill Assistance in action

Utility Bill Assistance

Emergency summer and winter utility help and other assistance for managing utility costs.

Community Resources in action

Community Resources

Learn more about organizations offering assistance in your area.