Great Lakes Community Action Partnership’s Meals on Wheels program will host a volunteer driver training Friday, March 20, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Sandusky County Senior Campus, 1101 Castalia St. in Fremont.
The training is open to anyone who wishes to become a volunteer meal delivery driver for the Meals on Wheels program in Sandusky County. Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m. with the training to follow.
Volunteer drivers use their own vehicles to pick up meals and deliver meals to homebound seniors in Sandusky County. Volunteer requirements include:
- Having reliable vehicle to pick up and deliver meals and have a cell phone for route communication
- Possessing a current Ohio driver’s license
- Having the ability to read maps, use a GPS and/or a good sense of direction
- Completing an application and passing a background check
- Completing the initial training
For more information or to register for the training, contact GLCAP Meals on Wheels Specialist Jenna Stewart at 419-332-4032 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org