Sandusky County Community Christmas
Sandusky County Community Christmas is again helping area families during the holiday season. Applications will be available starting at 9 a.m. on Oct. 30 until 4 p.m. on Nov. 27, 2023. Families must be residents of Sandusky County, Ohio, to apply.
Community Christmas Distribution
Please note that applications to request assistance for Community Christmas closed 4 p.m. on Nov. 27, 2023. Eligible applicants will be notified after Dec. 5 with details on how their gifts will be distributed. These notifications will be sent by text or email based on what contact information was provided on the application.***
For those that are given a notification that they need to pick up gifts and/or food at Terra we ask that you review the following details. The following plan is in place for Distribution Day at Terra State Community College (2830 Napoleon Rd, Fremont, Ohio).
- All you will need to pick up gifts is the picture ID of the person listed as the head of household. If you are ill/under quarantine or unavailable due to your work schedule, PLEASE send your ID with a trusted & healthy individual. They will also need to present their ID for our records. Should you be able to notify us in advance with the pick-up person's name, you can have the trusted individual show a picture of your ID with their photo ID matching the notification you provided us in advance. Email email@example.com or text us 567-342-1639 with the update.
- We will be utilizing the Neeley Center with a check-in station in the parking lot. Please follow guidance from volunteers to keep traffic flowing smoothly.
- Gifts will be distributed in a drive-thru fashion. No one will be allowed to exit their vehicle.
- Date and time for distribution will be shared in the notification for those who are matched to pick up gifts and/or food.
- Please note that gifts are assigned to each household and will remain available throughout the entire pickup time. We experience the shortest wait time after 1:00pm.
Donors that will be making personal delivery will be contacting their families directly—please be sure to answer calls and return messages right away as the donors are generously making Christmas joyous for your family!
We are working with volunteers to make delivery to seniors that are living alone. Notification of this delivery will be made as soon as we have all details confirmed. If you're a senior in a household with children and/or teens that is in need of delivery, you must call us (567-342-1639) by Dec. 8 to be included in our delivery route.
If you have any questions please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on our hotline number 567-342-1639.
***If you believe you were eligible and did not receive a notification, please wait to reach out to us until Dec. 9 in case there was a delay in our notification process.
Want to help?
Those who wish to volunteer or donate items for families may call or text 567-342-1639, or email email@example.com for a link to complete a sponsorship form.
Those who wish to donate may do so by making a check payable to Sandusky County Food Pantry with "Community Christmas" on the memo line, mailed to Sandusky County Food Pantry, P.O. Box 445, Fremont, OH 43420.
Sandusky County Community Christmas helps to connect organizations and individuals who wish to help those who are struggling to put food on their tables and provide gifts for their children this holiday season. By acting collaboratively, we are able to reach a greater number of families and avoid duplicative efforts. Partnering organizations include Fremont City Schools, GLCAP, Sandusky County Habitat for Humanity, Sandusky County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Sandusky County Food Pantry, Toys for Tots, and the United Way of Sandusky County.